The Palmetto Hooker

The Palmetto Hooker

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

My very first blog!!!

Hello all and thank you for taking the time to visit my first attempt at blogging.

I wanted to start this blog in an attempt to get my crochet work seen by a larger audience and to help raise awareness to something else that means a lot to me, Brachial Plexus Injuries (BPI). I know that normally these two things don't go hand in hand but they do in my household.

My grandmother taught me to crochet and read patterns when I was 7. I remember watching her create beautiful afghans and I wanted so badly to be as good as her. Over 20 years later I believe I'm finally in the same league as her. I started selling my completed items and testing patterns roughly a year ago. I'm lucky that I'm able to do two of the things I love at the same time, crochet and spend time with my daughter. If it wasn't for one life-changing day I would still be in the accounting world working with my third love, numbers.

On August 31, 2012 I was blessed with a beautiful, sweet, funny little girl. During delivery she suffered a birth injury that affected her entire left arm. For over 3 months she could hardly move her arm, but with weekly occupational therapy and daily home therapy she was able to regain some function. She is almost 3 now and has made a lot of progress. She will never have full use of her arm, but she makes the best out of what she is given. I decided to become a stay at home mom because we had a lot of doctor appointments and daycare would've been hard to come by since this is a disability that few have knowledge about.

This is just a brief introduction for my first post. I hope to share with you everything new that's happening in my crochet and BPI world. My daughter is my world and I love sharing all the obstacles she overcomes each day.

Thank you for stopping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment